What to expect when you are referred to us.
The procedure begins with an orthopedic examination to assess your pets problems. Radiographs (xrays) are obtained if not previously taken by your local veterinarian- to confirm diagnosis. Certain procedures require blood tests and urine culture prior to surgery to ensure your patient is healthy prior to undergoing surgery. In many instances, patients will receive a surgical bath the day before surgery.
For routine procedures the usual hospital stay is 3-4 days. We often board patients for a longer duration after surgery when their owners feel they are unable to provide the necessary care required during the recovery period.
Typical rechecks are at 2 and 6 weeks. Some of these can be done by the local veterinarian.
How much does surgery typically cost?
- TPLO Surgery: for cruciate rupture is charged at a set rate of $3,550.00
This includes, an orthopedic exam, pre and post-surgical radiographs, anesthesia, surgical time, hospitalization, game ready cold compression therapy and post operative pain relief and recheck examinations. Preoperative lab work is recommended and may be performed by your referring veterinarian or by us (approx. $200). Occasional repeat post surgical radiographs may be recommended at 6 weeks post surgery and are an additional $85.
- Fracture repair: please speak with the doctor for an estimate as each fracture is managed according to specific patient factors.
Orthopedic Price List
1. Cruciate Repair (TPLO): $3550
3. Patella Luxation: $2550
4. Femoral Head Ostectomy: (FHO) $2650
5. Osteochondritis Dissecans (OCD) Shoulder: Unilateral: $2400, Bilateral $3740
6. OCD Stifle: $2900
7. OCD Hock: $2900
8. Fragmented Coronoid Process (FCP)Removal: Unilateral: $2400, Bilateral $3900
9. Stem Cells: $2600
10. Fracture Fixation $1700-$4500
Please note: prices may have changed (updated March 2017), additional fees may apply, these prices are not an estimate and are provided as a guideline only. A detailed estimate can be provided by your pets doctor at the time of their appointment.