What To Expect
After you contact us, one of our specialized referral team will obtain a history from you, gathering any relevant history and diagnostics that have already been obtained by your regular veterinarian. We will help to schedule an office visit and any imaging or surgical services that are indicated based on the referral.
When you arrive, your pet will first be examined by a clinician who will then explain to you the diagnosis or if necessary, explain the need to run additional tests to confirm the diagnosis. At this point we will provide all surgical and medical treatments options available. Most options are available inhouse. Occasionally we will need to refer you onwards for advanced imaging (MRI) or if the scope of the surgery lies beyond our area of specialization.
For routine procedures the usual hospital stay is 2-3 days. We often board patients for a longer duration after surgery when their owners feel they are unable to provide the necessary care required during the recovery period.
Typical rechecks are at 2, 6 and 12 weeks.
Orthopedic Price Guide
- Cruciate Repair (TPLO): $3,950 - $5,450
- * For dogs with concurrent medial patella luxation and cruciate ligament injury additional $1,000 - $1,500 for extra surgical procedures where required.
- Cruciate Repair (Extracapsular Stabilization) (dogs under 15lbs) $3,950
- Patella Luxation: $3,950 one side, $6,950 both sides at same time.
- Femoral Head & Neck Excision: (FHNE/FHO) $2750 - $3750 (based on size)
- Hip Toggle: $4,000 - $5,000
- Juvenile Pelvic Symphysiodesis (JPS) (including spay/castrate): $2,500
- Pan-Carpal Arthrodesis: $6,000 - $8,000+
- Partial Carpal Arthrodesis: $4,750+
- Pan-tarsal Arthrodesis: $6,000 - $8,000+
- Fracture Fixation: $3500-$6000+
- OCD Lesion: Debridement only $3,000 one location, $5,000 two locations
- OCD Lesion: Debridement & Resurfacing $4,500 one location, $7,500 two locations
- Forequarter Amputation:
- Under 20 lbs: $1800
- 20 - 40lbs: $2100
- 40 - 80 lbs: $2500
- 80+ lbs $3000+
- Hindquarter Amputation
- Under 20 lbs: $2000
- 20 - 40lbs: $2300
- 40 - 80 lbs: $2700
- 80+ lbs $3000+
- Ununited Anconeal Process (UAP): Fragment removal $4,000 per elbow
Advanced Imaging Price Guide
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scan; first location: $700
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scan; each additional location: $350
- Contrast Material (Iodine): $500
- Endoscopy (flexible) for GI foreign body removal or biopsy $2000
- Endoscopy (rigid) for intranasal foreign body extraction or biopsy.$800
All CT scans include image interpretation by a boarded radiologist.
Anesthesia and pre anesthetic diagnostics are not included in the price of imaging. These typical cost $500.
Please note: prices may have changed (updated June 2022), additional fees may apply, these prices are not an individualized estimate and are provided as a guideline only. A detailed estimate can be provided by your pet's doctor at the time of their appointment.