What To Expect
The process begins with an orthopedic examination to assess your pets problems. Radiographs (x-rays) are obtained if not previously taken by your local veterinarian- to confirm diagnosis. Certain procedures require blood tests and urine culture prior to surgery to ensure your patient is healthy prior to undergoing surgery. In many instances, patients will receive a surgical bath the day before surgery.
For routine procedures the usual hospital stay is 2-3 days. We often board patients for a longer duration after surgery when their owners feel they are unable to provide the necessary care required during the recovery period.
Typical rechecks are at 2, 6 and 12 weeks.
Orthopedic Price Guide
- Cruciate Repair (TPLO):
- Standard: $3950 (6 hole plate)
- Large: $4450 (8+ hole plate)
- Cruciate Repair (Extracapsular Stabilization) (dogs under 15lbs) $3,500
- Patella Luxation: $3,500
- Femoral Head & Neck Excision: (FHNE/FHO) $2500 - $3750 (based on size)
- Hip Toggle: $3,500 - $3,950
- Juvenile Pelvic Symphysiodesis (JPS) (including spay/castrate): $2,500
- Pan-Carpal Arthrodesis: $5,000 - $6,000+
- Partial Carpal Arthrodesis: $4,500+
- Fracture Fixation: $3000-$6000+
- OCD Lesion: Debridement only $2,500 one location, $4,500 two locations
- OCD Lesion: Debridement & Resurfacing $3,500 one location, $6,500 two locations
- Forequarter Amputation:
- Under 20 lbs: $1800
- 20 - 40lbs: $2100
- 40 - 80 lbs: $2500
- 80+ lbs $3000+
- Hindquarter Amputation
- Under 20 lbs: $2000
- 20 - 40lbs: $2300
- 40 - 80 lbs: $2700
- 80+ lbs $3000+
Please note: prices may have changed (updated August 2021), additional fees may apply, these prices are not an individualized estimate and are provided as a guideline only. A detailed estimate can be provided by your pet's doctor at the time of their appointment.
To learn more about our Orthopedic Surgery center, click here.