What To Expect
The process begins with an orthopedic examination to assess your pets problems. Radiographs (x-rays) are obtained if not previously taken by your local veterinarian- to confirm diagnosis. Certain procedures require blood tests and urine culture prior to surgery to ensure your patient is healthy prior to undergoing surgery. In many instances, patients will receive a surgical bath the day before surgery.
For routine procedures the usual hospital stay is 2-3 days. We often board patients for a longer duration after surgery when their owners feel they are unable to provide the necessary care required during the recovery period.
Typical rechecks are at 2, 6 and 12 weeks.
Orthopedic Price List
1. Cruciate Repair (TPLO): $3950
2. Cruciate Repair (Extracapsular Satabilization) (dogs under 15lbs) $3,500
3. Patella Luxation: $3,250
4. Femoral Head & Neck Excision: (FHNE/FHO) $2200 - $2950 (based on size)
5. Hip Toggle $3,500 - $3,950
6. Pan-Carpal Arthrodesis $5,000 - $5,500
7. Partial Carpal Arthrodesis $4,500
8. Fracture Fixation $1900-$4900
9. OCD Lesion; Debridement only $2,500 one location, $4,500 two locations
10. OCD Lesion; Debridement & Resurfacing $3,500 one location, $6,500 two locations
11 Forequarter Amputation $1,200 - $2,000
12. Hindquarter Amputation $1,200 - $2,000
Please note: prices may have changed (updated February 2020), additional fees may apply, these prices are not an individualized estimate and are provided as a guideline only. A detailed estimate can be provided by your pet's doctor at the time of their appointment.
To learn more about our Orthopedic Surgery center, click here.